Re: [Maposmatic-dev] hstore test

From: Jeroen van Rijn
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] hstore test
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 16:55:09 +0100

Hi all,

I've started the import of the full planet data, with hstore. Once that's ready, tomorrow sometime I presume, I'll see if it affects the current ocitysmap stylesheets in any way first.

If it does still all work without problems, I'll add the needed instructions to INSTALL to add the hstore extension to the database, and the extra option (-k | --hstore) to osm2pgsql. That and see about the minutely planet updates including hstore.

Should all that go to plan, I'll see if I can get the HOTOSM-style working and document that effort. As I recall, it needs hstore.

I'll give you an update on the hstore import and resulting render with the default ocitysmap setup as soon as I have more info.

Cheers,
Jeroen.

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 10:49 PM, Maxime Petazzoni <address@hidden> wrote:
* David MENTRÉ <address@hidden> [2014-01-01 20:46:18]:

> Hello Jeroen,
>
> 2014-01-01 18:51, Jeroen van Rijn:
> >Can you post the script for initial import and the one for
> >daily/minutely updates? It'll allow me to set up a similar instance.
>

> The script is in our git:
>
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/maposmatic/ocitysmap.git/tree/support/planet-update.sh

This script doesn't do the import, it does the updates. The import is
done from a PBF planet file imported with osm2pgsql. From what I
understand, most of the trick will be in the osm2pgsql options, both for
the import and the updates.

You'd also need to make sure that osmosis, which is used to download
.osc.gz of updates, gives you hstore data.

> >I'll then do a full planet import with and without hstore and time that.
> >A few updates, time those. A few rendering jobs, time those. Might take
> >a while to complete the benchmarking, obviously, but then we'll have a
> >good idea of what hstore brings, performance wise.
>
> The important thing is also to know if the code works at all. We
> don't know if we have dependencies on the non-hstore layout of the
> OSM database.

Especially in the stylesheets.

Thanks!
/Max

--
Maxime Petazzoni <http://www.bulix.org>
 ``One by one, the penguins took away my sanity.''

--
BA[Start]