Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Slides on i18n in MapOSMatic

From: Jeroen van Rijn
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Slides on i18n in MapOSMatic
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 22:47:56 +0100

Hi David,

Looking good in general, but found a few quirks:
- Slide 6: What's need to be translated -> What needs to be translated
- Slide 10: Balrusian -> Belarusian / German Japanese -> German, Japanese
- Slide 11: You have both crowd translation and crowd-translation. Perhaps best to stick with just the latter.
- Slide 13: "Translators come automagically". Well, I know I came in response to an article on LWN.net. I can't speak as to how others discovered the project. That said, having your project on Transifex, GitHub, Launchpad or similar hubs, should increase the chance that someone comes across the software without exposure in the press (e.g. LWN). Thus whilst it may look like magic, the project will have to be visible to begin with. ;-) I wouldn't want to get people's hopes up by effectively saying 'If you build it, they will come', because that's only part of the story of course.

That said, I hope there's going to be a video of the talk, as I'm looking forward to watching it.
Good luck!

Cheers,
Jeroen.