Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Issue with a Spanish translation

From: David MENTRÉ
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Issue with a Spanish translation
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 11:11:21 +0200

Hello Jeroen,

2013-05-12 10:40, Jeroen van Rijn:
David, I don't entirely understand your question.

Sorry.

Do you mean how to handle comments about translations in general, or
this case in particular?

This particular case. But the question how to handle comments in general is also interesting.

In general I'd say let people use Transifex to suggest an alternative
translation to something, and let the original translator (team) decide
if that's indeed the case.

How can I suggest an alternative translation with Transifex?

Specific to this comment on the Spanish translation, it appears to be
untranslated in the ocitysmap's .po file (which would cause it to use
the untranslated Villages?).

How, good catch! I did not think about that.

I'm also wondering if pueblo might not be a
better translation still

Yes, maybe. I have added "publeos" translation to Transifex.

Best regards,
david