Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Put source repository on github to attract develope

From: Hakan Tandoğan
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Put source repository on github to attract developers?
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 21:29:23 +0200

Hi,

Yes, thanks to the magic of distributed version control systems, we can just push the code to github and periodically update it there. If and when pull requests really come in, we can apply them to the savannah repo. There is no huge change to the current workflow for developers who are not yet part of the core team.

I will set up the pushing part on my Jenkins instance this weekend then if no one disagrees.

And with the tickets, I would wait as well. No reason to break everything at once :-)

Regards,
Hakan

"David MENTRÉ" <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Hakan,

2013-04-19 14:01, Hakan Tandogan:
So, what do you guys think about moving the source repository there?
Thanks to git, it should be only a simple push operation:-) For the time
being, we could keep a mirror there, and if the change is worth the
changeover efforts, retire the nongnu repository.

If this is just a mirror, why not?

If and when we decide to go this route, then something would have to be
done with the existing issues in the tracker.

Hmm, the Savannah tracker is probably not the best one in the world but
we have used it until now. Moving all bugs would be a lot of work.

Can't we just start with a GitHub git mirror?

Best regards,
david