[Maposmatic-dev] Automatic Transifex synchronization

From: Hakan Tandogan
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] Automatic Transifex synchronization
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 01:50:15 +0200

Hi guys,

as promised ages ago, I have activated my scripts which push and pull translations between the git repository and transifex.

Important information first: I have tagged the source in git before enabling git-push, so whatever source there was in git before my scripts started running is available via the tag "pre-transifex-autoupdate"

For each repository, there is one script, "*-extract-keys.sh", which creates the .pot file and pushes it to transifex, and another, "*-fetch-translations.sh", which fetches the translated files and commits them to git.

The "*-extract-keys.sh" is triggered by SCM changes.

The "*-fetch-translations.sh" is triggered by a periodical schedule (actually, once daily). When I find some time, I will investigate webhook integration with transifex to avoid polling their servers to often.

I am reasonably sure that the scripts won't create too many changes in git after the initial synchronization is done. Nevertheless, I'll keep closely monitoring them in the days to come.

The scripts themselves are checked in into the git repositories if you want to check them and validate that nothing evil is happening. For security reasons, though, the versions that are running on my local Jenkins box are frozen copies so no one can unintentionally wreck my build box by committing strange stuff into the scripts :-)

Regards,
Hakan