The first part of the promised scripts, the automated extraction of keys, is active on my machine. The script is being run from my local jenkins instance, and does:
- check hourly for changes in both repos
- extract keys as specific for the subproject
- push changed keys to transifex server
- commit and push the generated pot file to git
I will keep it running for a few days to verify that it behaves well, and afterwards, start working on the opposite direction, fetching the translated files from transifex.
I the other projects I know of using Transifex or Translatewiki pushing and pulling isn't automated, it is usually done manually or semi-automatically on a weekly or more basis, thus I didn't realize what you were aiming for here. However, before you go on you should know this:
- When managing resources on Transifex you can specify a source file URL and have Transifex "automatically update source file". See the documentation.
- In the management of the project you can specify a "web hook url" "which Transifex will visit whenever a translation of a resource of the project is changed."