Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Merry Christmas MapOSMatic

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Merry Christmas MapOSMatic
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:11:27 -0800

* David Decotigny <address@hidden> [2012-12-17 09:53:27]:

> Yo! That's very smooth and nice! It's clean, clear, simple, beautiful,
> with real-time previews... and animated!

Thanks

> Minor suggestion: when the browser window is too narrow -> 2 lines for
> title black block at the top? Also, not sure a click on "Maposmatic"
> at the top-left (with checkbox) should give current status: it could
> be a link to root instead (without checkbox), and status could be in
> footer. If we have too many occurrences of "everything is fine", it
> could give the impression that the service is unstable.

Yeah I'm not super satisfied with the status popup under the
'MapOSMatic' main link. I'll see what I can do. The point was to have a
quick access to the platform status even if you're not on the home page.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "too many occurences of
"eventyngi is fine", it would give the impression that the service is
unstable". Do you mean that by explicity showing that the platform is up
and running, that means it's because we expect it to go down?

Many platforms have advanced status dashboards (status.github.com,
status.aws.amazon.com, etc).

> Other suggestion for status info: sha1 for ocitysmap and maposmatic
> git, if git sha1s on server make any sense wrt savannah git (no local
> commit).

I don't think it's relevant to show this on the web site itself. That
being said, we implemented that feature a long time ago:

 http://dev.maposmatic.org/static/maposmatic-version.txt
 http://dev.maposmatic.org/static/ocitysmap-version.txt

Generated by the deploy script, show the 5 most recent changes for each
repository (most recent on top).

/Max
--
Maxime Petazzoni <http://www.bulix.org>
 ``One by one, the penguins took away my sanity.''