Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Idea of development for MapOSMatic: visualizing ren

From: Jeroen van Rijn
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Idea of development for MapOSMatic: visualizing rendering locations
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 18:41:27 +0100

On 9-12-2012 20:24, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
Hello,

One thing that would be a great addition to the MapOSMatic website
would be a slippy map of the world that shows the location of the
rendered maps. This would allow us to see for which areas people are
rendering maps. Totally useless, but absolutely interesting. It would
allow us to discover interesting parts of the world for which people
are rendering maps.

Viewing data for the last 500 maps, or even if possible the entire set
of renderings would be awesome.

Of course, drawing one point per map is going to be horrible, so
someone has to use some clustering algorithm to group points at close
locations into a bigger points, unless someone zooms in.

Is someone interested by such a development?

Thomas

I would normally be interested, but I've injured my dominant hand a while ago and it's still on the mend. I can only use the keyboard somewhat sparingly until it's back to 100%.

That said, there is javascript library which would be perfectly suited to the task: http://leafletjs.com/
Together with this plugin: https://github.com/danzel/Leaflet.markercluster

Hope that helps.

- Jeroen