Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Public Buildings in index

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Public Buildings in index
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 13:38:09 +0200

Hello Thomas,

First of all, sorry for the very late answer.

2012/5/28 malenki <address@hidden>:
> I realised that a lot of amentiy=* show up in the index of the created
> maps as Public Buildings and have only their name on it. This gets
> confusing when there is e.g. a post office in a stationery shop without
> a descriptive name.
> The result is e.g. an index entry "Stationery and Toys John Doe".
> My suggestion: prepend a (translatable) description of the amenity in
> front of its name.
> My example would be then: "Post Office: Stationery and Toys John Doe"

I don't clearly see the use case. Would you have an example at hand?

The amenity related code could certainly be improved. However, I would
be a bit reluctant to add more language-specific code, that is
difficult to maintain in the several languages we support.

Best regards,
david