Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Turkish translation for maps

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Turkish translation for maps
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 21:11:07 +0200

Hello,

Le Sat, 28 Apr 2012 14:27:55 +0200,
Hakan Tandogan <address@hidden> a écrit :

> > Thanks, I have added it. It is deployed on our development version at
> > http://dev.maposmatic.org. The turkish language is now automatically
>
> Thank you :-)

You're welcome! Thanks to you for contributing to MapOSMatic.

> By the way, what would be a rough estimate for deployment to the live
> server? I'm trying to decide whether I should announce this change to
> the talk-tr list or rather wait until it is live.

We do deployment to the production server from time to time. If the
Turkish translation works fine, then we can do a production deployment
within the next few days.

We would prefer you to wait for the Turkish support to go live on
www.m.o, as the dev.m.o address if really meant only for development,
and even though it's publicly available, we would like to keep its
audience relatively limited.

> > Can you confirm that Sokak and Sokağı are always suffixes? If it's the
> > case, then we don't need a special handling for those appellations,
> > because the turkish street names would be naturally sorted.
>
> Seems that I understood the purpose of APPELLATIONS wrongly. As you have
> described it, this special handling is not necessary for turkish. Both
> the map you rendered as an example and the ones I experimented with look
> o.k. to me.

Ok, then Turkish does not seem to need any kind of special handling at
the moment. Do you have accentuated letters that should be consider
identical to their non-accentuated variant in the index?

For example, in French, you want streets starting with É, È, Ê or E to
all be listed under letter E.

> > Also, if you have some time, it would be great to have a translation of
> > the MapOSMatic website in turkisch.
>
> Sure, one of the next things on my planned schedule for OSM contributions.

Excellent, thanks!

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni                http://thomas.enix.org