[Maposmatic-dev] RFC: More stats on job page (release+1)

From: Jeroen van Rijn
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] RFC: More stats on job page (release+1)
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 17:23:53 +0200

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 16:36, Thomas Petazzoni <address@hidden> wrote:
Yes, you're right, I was testing with the US or UK ones. With the EU
one it seems to work properly. See http://dev.maposmatic.org/jobs/480
for example (but PDF takes 169 MB!).

I'm pleasantly surprised it took only 6 minutes to render a map that large. Stats-addict that I am, seeing that job page gave me an idea for a new feature (for the next major release after this upcoming one).
.
OcitySMap spits out a lot of interesting and useful information, but hardly any of it can be found on the job page.
It would be nice to see:
- area in km2
- scale
- number of streets / amenities
- number of pages for multi-page render

If I'm not mistaken all of this already gets output as debug info. I propose a citymap.stats file gets written containing these stats in a simple key=value format, which MapOSMatic can then pick up and display on the job page for the finished job.

Unless the core devs believe this will add clutter to the job page or otherwise object, I'll add it to a task for myself as a low priority weekend hack.

Best regards,
Jeroen.

--
BA[Start]