Re: [Maposmatic-dev] A proposal to solve the translation problem

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] A proposal to solve the translation problem
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 10:34:41 +0200

Le Fri, 6 Apr 2012 10:26:08 +0200,
Jeroen van Rijn <address@hidden> a écrit :

> > As I said, I will be offline this week-end, and we would like to put
> > MapOSMatic in production next week. So unless someone steps up with
> > a reasonable and acceptable alternate solution during the week-end
> > (and by solution, I mean working patches, not some code skeleton in
> > an e-mail), I'm going to commit my proposal (of course in the
> > future, we can always revert it and implement a better solution).
> >

> That is, I think, the best course of action.
> Given that your suggestion will definitely work, I'll put this idea
> on the back burner. I'm not particularly attached to the idea as it
> is, just came up with it because of the symmetry of keeping the
> gettext objects where they're defined.

As I said, I definitely agree that my proposal isn't really perfect
(and this is why I sent it as a proposal and immediately highlighted its
drawbacks), but I think moving forward and making progress towards the
release is also an important goal.

> Am looking forward to it, as well as the LWN announcement, which is
> how I found the project back then.

Yeah, I'm also looking forward for the moment we will be able to send
all the announcements, and have the server burning under a huge queue
of maps to render :-)

Regards,

Thomas
--