Re: [Maposmatic-dev] A proposal to solve the translation problem

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] A proposal to solve the translation problem
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 14:32:02 -0700

* Thomas Petazzoni <address@hidden> [2012-04-03 23:13:43]:

> Here is a proposal to solve the translation problem pointed by
> Malenki, about the layout description strings, the stylesheet
> description strings, and the "Best fit" string coming from the paper
> sizes list.
>
> Since this solution is not entirely nice, I will wait for other
> MapOSMatic developers to comment on it before committing. If you don't
> like it, please suggest other solutions.

Another way would be to change the ocitysmap.conf from a INI-style file
to a Java properties style file:

datasource.host: gis2.maposmatic.org
datasource.user: maposmatic
datasource.password: SECRET
datasource.dbname: maposmatic

rendering.available_stylesheets: osm, mapquest_eu, blacknwhite
rendering.png_dpi: 72

stylesheets.osm.name: Default
stylesheets.osm.description: The default OpenStreetMap style
stylesheets.osm.path: /home/maposmatic/stow/sources/mapnik-osm/osm.xml

So it can be parsed by xgettext too. We would need to use an exclude
file to exclude the datasource.* and rendering.* properties we don't
care being translated.

Not sure how this integrates on the Python side of things though, I
don't know enough about how gettext operates.

Worth trying if you have some time.

/Max
--
Maxime Petazzoni <http://www.bulix.org>
 ``One by one, the penguins took away my sanity.''