Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Implementation of a multi-page renderer

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Implementation of a multi-page renderer
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 22:46:18 +0200

Hello,

2012/3/30 Thomas Petazzoni <address@hidden>:
>>  - on dev.mo, nominatim doesn't find many administrative
>>    boundaries (SF, etc.). it is probably not a new issue, but I'm
>>    surprised. Is it just an impression, and things have always been
>>    like that?
>
> dev.m.o is connected to a GIS database restricted to France and
> therefore, we don't find the administrative boundaries for anything
> but french cities.

Isn't the search of administrative boundaries done through Nominatim?
The search of administrative boundary should not be reduced by our
limited database.

One approach is to look directly on http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org
to see if the boundary exists.

http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/search.php?q=san+francisco+usa&viewbox=-75.39%2C6.07%2C-74.58%2C5.68