[Maposmatic-dev] Ready for deployment at the end of the planet import?

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] Ready for deployment at the end of the planet import?
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 22:54:19 +0200

Hello Max,

The planet import is still on-going on gcc20. We would like to ensure
that as soon as this planet import is finished (probably in a few days),
we are ready to do the deployment of the dev.m.o version to www.m.o.

Can you make sure that everything is ready with the planet update, so
that we don't accumulate too much lag? Maybe there are also things like
r2d2 that need to be installed on gcc20? What else are we missing?

Note that the planet-update.sh script is now part of the ocitysmap Git
repository, in the support/ directory. Please try to keep the version
in the Git repository up-to-date with what you're deploying on the
server.

As you might have seen from the patches on the mailing-list, we did
some change to the GIS database and the planet-update.sh script.
Basically, the GIS database needs to contain both the usual OSM tables,
but also a new table called maposmatic_admin, created by the
support/setup-maposmatic-admin.sql SQL script. This table contains only
one column and one entry, used to store the current date of the OSM
data in the database. We have modified the planet-update.sh script so
that this value gets updated after every 15-minutes import.

At the moment, the setup is a bit ugly, but we had to do this for our
testing: the planet-update.sh script on gcc10 (which updates the
'maposmatic' database) is updating the datetime information in the
'maposmatic2' database, which is used by the dev.m.o server. So
basically, on dev.m.o, the lag that is seen on the website is the lag
of the database used for www.m.o (the maposmatic2 database is not
updated). This of course will all have to be cleaned up when we'll
start using the planet on gcc20 and deploy dev.m.o to production.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni                http://thomas.enix.org