Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Bad Mapnik renderings: corrupted label halos

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Bad Mapnik renderings: corrupted label halos
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:15:43 -0800

Hi,

* address@hidden <address@hidden> [2010-11-11 15:27:22]:

> well after a time I noticed, that I become bad Map renderings cause on
> some labels the white halos are misplaced. The funny thing is that if
> I invoke mapnik with it's generate_image.py and the same mapstyle
> everything works fine. This bug is in Vector and Rasterized output :(
>
> Is there something special the ocitysmap render class does?

Yes, we are aware of this problem. But this is actually a Mapnik issue.
In OCitySMap, the Mapnik canvas is later scaled, which apparently messes
up every string that has a while halo around it. Removing the
halo_radius settings from the Mapnik stylesheet fixes the problem for
rendering, but you loose the halo of course.

We have reported the issue to Mapnik:
  http://trac.mapnik.org/ticket/585
  http://trac.mapnik.org/ticket/586

We are eagerly waiting for them to fix it, that's a blocker for our next
release.

- Maxime
--
Maxime Petazzoni <http://www.bulix.org>
 ``One by one, the penguins took away my sanity.''