Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Setting POI categories

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Setting POI categories
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:50:40 -0800

Hi Matthias,

* address@hidden <address@hidden> [2010-11-10 11:42:12]:

> i got Maposmatic working on PostGIS1.5 on Ubuntu 10.10.
>
> Now I'd like to customize POI categories. Is it right that I have to
> change them at street_index.py in the ocitysmap folder or is ther a
> hidden command line argument?
> By the way, what's the trick with the ocitiesmap2 folder? Is it a
> rewrite and the other folder is for legacy reasons?

If you're using MapOSMatic and OCitySMap from the Git repositories,
master branch, chances are you are using the new version of MapOSMatic
(where maps are generated with the index in the same file, like on
http://dev.maposmatic.org).

In this case, yes, the ocitysmap/ directory in OCitySMap is here purely
for legacy reasons, and will most likely be removed shortly after this
new version goes into production.

Back to your original question, you need to modify
ocitysmap2/indexlib/indexer.py, method _get_selected_amenities and
extend/modify the list of selected_amenities. Yes, this *could* be
made configurable, but this is very low priority for us right now as
other problems and features need to be completed or fixed first :-)

Good luck!
- Maxime
--
Maxime Petazzoni <http://www.bulix.org>
 ``One by one, the penguins took away my sanity.''