Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Administrative levels again ...

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Administrative levels again ...
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 18:59:24 +0200

Hi Hans!

First, thank for your awesome contribution. We'll try to integrate your
translation as soon as possible.

We're currently working on a number of things that are affecting the web
interface and the strings used by OCitySMap so your translation will
need to be updated soon.

Do you think you'll be able to do it soon after we release the
improvements we're working?

* Hans F. Nordhaug <address@hidden> [2010-08-05 14:56:51]:

> I think this has been brough up earlier, but I really hope that we can
> fix it this time. In Norway, all administrative borders are in place.
> The problem is that we don't have the same levels as are used in many
> bigger countries, and hence they aren't used by MapOSMatic. For
> example, I can't select "Molde, Møre og Romsdal, Morge". I'm begging
> :-) you to add support country specific level settings.
>
> When this is fixed (and my translation is in place), I can finally
> start promitting MapOSMatic in Norway.

One of the limitations we're currently working on removing is the
admin_level stuck to 8. Now all administrative boundaries will be
available for rendering, but still with an area size limitation though
(we don't want to render the entire country!).

So, yep, this feature should be there soon!

Thanks for your interest in MapOSMatic and for your contribution
(again)!

- Maxime
--
Maxime Petazzoni <http://www.bulix.org>
 ``One by one, the penguins took away my sanity.''