Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Problem with map rendering

From: Pierre Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Problem with map rendering
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 20:49:53 +0200

Hi,

> Yet, these pieces of information are registered in the OSM-database
> since they are displayed if I use MapOSMatic through the web interface.

On the web interface, the OpenLayers JavaScript instance is fetching the
tiles from official OSM tileservers ; they should actually have nothing
to do with your local postgresql database and/or mapnik setup.

> I've been searching for answers for more than deux weeks on my own, but
> without results. Has anyone been confronted with this kind of difficulty
> ? How did you solve it ?

Nothing into the Postgresql logs (/var/log/postgresql/) ? what about
right permissions on the database / tables ? How did you generate your
mapnik stylesheet ? Is your pgsql fully populated ?

On my db, I got these tables :

maposmatic=# \d
                         Liste des relations
 Schéma |                Nom                |   Type   | Propriétaire
--------+-----------------------------------+----------+--------------
 public | cities_area_by_name               | vue      | maposmatic
 public | cities_area_by_osmid              | vue      | maposmatic
 public | django_session                    | table    | maposmatic
 public | geometry_columns                  | table    | maposmatic
 public | map_areas                         | table    | maposmatic
 public | maposmatic_maprenderingjob        | table    | maposmatic
 public | maposmatic_maprenderingjob_id_seq | séquence | maposmatic
 public | planet_osm_line                   | table    | postgres
 public | planet_osm_nodes                  | table    | postgres
 public | planet_osm_point                  | table    | postgres
 public | planet_osm_polygon                | table    | postgres
 public | planet_osm_rels                   | table    | postgres
 public | planet_osm_roads                  | table    | postgres
 public | planet_osm_ways                   | table    | postgres
 public | spatial_ref_sys                   | table    | maposmatic
(15 lignes)

Without more information on your current setup, it would be hard to
debug ;

Regards,

--
Pierre