Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Re: Translation of MapOSMatic to Spanish

From: Jean-Guilhem Cailton
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Re: Translation of MapOSMatic to Spanish
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 18:39:46 +0100

Maxime Petazzoni a écrit :
Hi,

* Maxime Petazzoni <address@hidden> [2010-03-12 22:28:37]:

Thanks, this is awesome. I'll see about integrating this to MapOSMatic
over the week-end.

As promised, I've integrated your translations and deployed them on
http://dev.maposmatic.org. I did a test rendering on Algarrobo in Chile,
the map and index are in Spanish[1].

It looks like we're missing a few prefixes though (Paseo? Pje? Puerto?
Av?). If you have some time, could you make a few renderings of
cities in Spanish speaking countries (Spain, Chile, etc) and report us
what's not right in the indexes?

Thanks again for your amazing work on the Spanish translation. Once we
get the prefixes for Spanish streets, we'll be able to deploy this new
language in production for Chile users!

- Maxime

[1] http://dev.maposmatic.org/jobs/206

Hi Maxime,

Thanks for your quick integration.

Paseo = Promenade      (I try to translate into English, although it does look like French :) )
Pje (Pasaje) = Passage

(Puerto means Harbor, but here I think it should be kept as "Puerto", as it it applied to streets that apparently have the name of cities)

Av = Ave (Avenida) = Avenue

Please, Sebastian, Julio, correct me if I am wrong.

I think this should be it for Algarrobo. I am now going to look at other cities.

Best,

Jean-Guilhem