Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Re: Should place=locality index be merged with str

From: Jeroen van Rijn
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Re: Should place=locality index be merged with street index?
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 20:42:44 +0100

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 20:33, David MENTRE <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yes, we know that and we consider this is a feature. Such errors are
> due to tagging errors (the case should be the same) and we think that
> they should be fixed once and for all into OSM itself. MapOSMatic is
> also an OSM checker. ;-)

I'll be sure to fix any such entries on maps I request. I hadn't
thought of it like that. ;)

Maybe then include a bit of text on the map page, along the lines of
"Help make your maps better! If you find something is listed more than
once in the index, please consider visiting openstreetmap.org and
fixing the tag. It's easy to do, and with mapsosmatic's daily update
you should find requesting the map again 24 or 48 hours later will
have these issues fixed. That and you get to brag about it to whomever
you show the map to, "See that street? It used to be in the index
twice, I fixed it. That library? It wasn't listed before."

Regards,
J.