[Maposmatic-dev] Re: [OSM-dev] Major improvements to MapOSMatic

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] Re: [OSM-dev] Major improvements to MapOSMatic
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 09:44:54 +0100

Hello,

Le Tue, 5 Jan 2010 18:38:18 +1000,
John Smith <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Also the admin boundaries don't seem to work, or maposmatic is looking
> for something completely different than is entered in Australia.
>
> As a result it's telling people to enter admin boundaries that
> effectively already exist.

We use administrative boundaries of admin_level=8. According to
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Dadministrative, these
administrative boundaries correspond to "Postcode border (used for GIS
and census)" in Australia.

Is this the correct level for city maps ? Or should we use another
level ?

Thanks for your report,

Thomas
--