[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[Maposmatic-dev] Yesterday work

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] Yesterday work
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 08:27:19 +0200


I did a small number of improvements yesterday, that you can of course
follow through the Git repository, but that I'd like to sum up in a
shorter and more human-readable format.

But before the list of changes, there's an issue: the web server
currently returns Internal Server Error (500). It's likely to be an
issue in my code, but as I can't access the web server logs, I don't
know. d2, can you look at the issue ?

Once this issue is fixed, I think we'll have reached a state that is
proper for wider testing. So, if you agree, we could notify our
beta-testers of the existence of the service today or tomorrow, give
them ~2-3 days to test the service, and announce publicly on
Tuesday-Wednesday next week the service, unless of course major issues
are raised in the mean time.

 * The /about/ page has been implemented, with a small project history,
   technical details, how to contribute and authors. David M. proposed
   to add a picture to this page.

 * The /maps/ page has been implemented

 * The layout of the /job/<id> page has been improved

 * The maposmaticd daemon now generates a thumbnail of the generated
   map (using the Python Imaging library, thanks to d2 for recommending
   this library). This thumbnail is then used in the /maps/
   and /job/<id> pages. Of course, nobody is able to read anything on
   these thumbnails, but I think that they make the site a little

 * I've changed the yellow box on the right to a more useful usage: it
   now contains the thumbnail of a randomly-choosen map.

 * I've modified the code to verify that the generated files still
   exist. If they don't, we don't create links on non-existing files

 * I've completed the translation of the website in French, including
   all the modifications I made. Regarding internalization, I've also:

    - updated the INSTALL file with the fact that
      compilemessages must be run to generate the .mo files, which is
      needed to the site to work properly. So when you update the site
      on the production server (using git pull), don't forget to
      re-compile the .mo files or the translations won't get updated

    - updated the README file to document how to work on the
      translations. I've used the Gtk poedit program to do the actual
      edition of the .po files.


Thomas Petazzoni               
Promouvoir et défendre le Logiciel Libre
Logiciels Libres à Toulouse    

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]