man-db-devel

Re: [Man-db-devel] Option to disable "next man page" prompt

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: [Man-db-devel] Option to disable "next man page" prompt
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 10:22:47 +0100

On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 11:53:36AM +0200, Klaus Kusche wrote:
> please add a command line option to "man" to disable that horrible
> "--Man-- next: xxx(xx) [ view (return) | skip (Ctrl-D) | quit (Ctrl-C) ]"
> prompt.

I think it would probably be a good idea to be able to do this somehow,
but it won't be in the next release since I've already frozen that for
changes that would affect translations (as this would, since new options
must be documented in the manual page and manual pages are translated).
To avoid this being forgotten, could you please file it as a bug report?

  https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=man-db

Thanks,

--
Colin Watson                                       [address@hidden]