man-db-devel

Re: [Man-db-devel] Do not create CACHEDIR.TAG in manpath

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: [Man-db-devel] Do not create CACHEDIR.TAG in manpath
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 01:51:16 +0100

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 01:46:53PM +0100, Peter Schiffer wrote:
> I'm sending you patch with test for mandb to not create CACHEDIR.TAG
> in manpath. Please review, as I'm not 100% sure whether the solution
> is sufficient.

Hi,

Sorry for my late reply (as ever).  I think I agree that this is the
right course of action, and it looks sufficient to me: we should only be
creating the cache directory tag for directories that essentially *only*
consist of cached data.

I moved the cache directory tag string out to a macro to avoid 80-column
problems, but otherwise committed this more or less as-is.  Thanks!