man-db-devel

Re: [Man-db-devel] Database update profiling

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: [Man-db-devel] Database update profiling
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 13:13:40 +0000

On Fri, Dec 06, 2013 at 08:31:37AM -0500, Francis Giraldeau wrote:
> Le 2013-12-06 04:58, Colin Watson a écrit :
> > The vast bulk of this is well-understood as
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=696503 - it's just one
> > of those things where I need to carve out a fairly significant solid
> > block of time to finish it.  I have done a non-trivial amount of the
> > work already.
>
> Thanks Colin, that's nice! If there are some patches arround, I could
> give them a spin.

Well, not really.  It's far enough along that it isn't worth somebody
else trying to come at it from scratch: I have a 1700-line diff or so,
much of which deals with splitting out I/O elements into a private
"struct pipeio" so that useful abstractions can be shared with
generators, and it has most of the basic generator code in place.
However, it doesn't yet get the file descriptor plumbing quite right, I
haven't finished hooking up pipeline_pump for them, and the branch fails
its tests, so it's not worth anyone else trying it out yet.  I'll try to
get it sorted out as soon as I can.