Re: make compilation

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: make compilation
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2017 15:33:53 +0300

[Please keep the list address on the CC list.]

> From: valerij zaporogeci <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 15:08:08 +0300
>
> Yes, now I tried 4.2.1. the second problem is gone, since now ISBLANK is used.
> but the first still is there. complilation fails with "cannot open
> subproc.lib" message. After adding -I ../../glob in subproc's
> nmakefile everything compiles fine.

I must be missing something, because I don't see how subproc/NMakefile
comes into play here.  Are you building using the build_w32.bat batch
file?  Because if you are, that batch file doesn't reference any
NMakefile, it just compiles the files by directly invoking cl.exe, the
MSVC compiler, and the cl.exe command line does include "/I glob".

>From my POV, the various methods mentioned in README.W32, besides the
one which uses build_w32.bat, are much less reliable due to different
versions of Studio and Nmake that each have its own quirks.  The batch
file, by contrast, should "just work".