Re: How to get gnumake3.8.2 Run in Unix mode on windows platform

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: How to get gnumake3.8.2 Run in Unix mode on windows platform
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 09:51:54 -0400

On Tue, 2013-04-09 at 03:08 +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> Currently I am  using gnumake3.8.0 with --unix option to Run in UNIX
> mode

You mean GNU make 3.80 and 3.82.  There's no version 3.8.0. or 3.8.2.

> I just download gnumake3.8.2 and tried to compile but it seems --unix
> option is remove and I am getting following error:

There is not nor has there ever been a "--unix" option for GNU make in
the standard version.  If your version of GNU make had a "--unix"
option, it must have been a customized version.  Are you using Cygwin?
Maybe this is something added by the Cygwin folks.

> 'E:/gnudir/b/file' is not recognized as an internal or external
> command
>
> Although the file exist.
>
> Does anyone knows how to fix this?

You'll need to investigate where your current version of GNU make came
from, and see if you can get help from them.  Otherwise you'll need to
provide more information, such as how you compiled GNU make (there are
various options for Windows support), what kind of command
"E:/gnudir/b/file" is, etc.