Re: Patch for port of jobserver to Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Patch for port of jobserver to Windows
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 09:35:35 +0200

> From: Troy Runkel <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 16:43:57 -0400
> Cc: Troy Runkel <address@hidden>
>
> I've ported the GNU make jobserver to the Windows platform.  The port uses
> a Windows named semaphore to implement the jobserver.  I'd like to submit
> my diffs for consideration and inclusion in the main GNU make branch.
> Please let me know if I missed anything in my changes.  Thanks.

Thank you very much for this contribution.

Paul, it looks like the patch is large enough to require legal papers
from Troy, is that right?

Troy, I have 2 requests:

  . could you please post a short description of how this
    implementation of the job server works, and in particular how it
    makes sure all the make jobs together don't exceed the argument of
    the --jobs=N option?

  . could you please submit ChangeLog entries for each function you
    changed or added?

Thanks again for working on this.