Re: make returning spurious 4522468 errors

From: tom honermann
Subject: Re: make returning spurious 4522468 errors
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 10:51:03 -0800

On 1/8/2010 3:52 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
If you plumb these holes and rebuild Make, does the problem go away?

If it does, I will be more than happy to include your suggested
changes in the development sources.
Nope, the problem doesn't go away - because, it turns out the problem is not in GNU make at all! After more investigation, I found that the shell we are using (An old Windows port of zsh) is responsible for this. Make is reporting the correct exit value from the shell, but the shell is
not reporting the correct exit value from the command that was run.
Make waits for finished subprocess with WaitForMultipleObjects, and
only calls GetExitCodeProcess if a process exited.  So this shouldn't
be a problem.
I agree.
Thanks.
Thanks for following up Eli! I'm constantly impressed with the support you and Paul (and others
of course) provide for GNU make!