Clock Skew problem under Windows

From: EricDeb
Subject: Clock Skew problem under Windows
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 11:26:07 -0700 (PDT)

I'm running Cygwin on a Windows XP Pro machine. When I run a build using GNU
Make, I often get a message saying that:

Warning: File `foo.o' has modification time 0.36 s in the future

The time varies anywhere from 0.1 to 1.9 seconds. I've done some poking
around and eventually tried this test from the Cygwin Bash Shell:

date +'%H:%M:%S:%N' >> a.txt
ls --full-time a.txt

Cygwin reports a time stamp of "13:29:56.000000000".
Inside of the text file I see this "13:29:54:703488000".

OK, so a.txt was created 1.3 seconds after it was... created. Huh? That's
odd. Has anyone else seen this message erroneously and found a way to get
rid of it? It doesn't cause any build problems but it is an annoyance.

Thanks,
Eric