make configure.in somewhat incompatible with current autoconf - or?

From: Jerker Bäck
Subject: make configure.in somewhat incompatible with current autoconf - or?
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 14:31:47 +0100

Hello all,

I'm using current cvs version of autoconf 2.61b and when doing a "autoreconf
-vfi" I get:
configure.in:60: warning: AC_COMPILE_IFELSE was called before
AC_USE_SYSTEM_EXTENSIONS
See attached shell output text.

I have reported this to autoconf as well, but they seem to think that
nothing is wrong (basically a gnulib problem). It show up in several GNU
projects and I think it's due to a recent patch of AC_USE_SYSTEM_EXTENSIONS.

I'm unsure what to change in configure.in to fix this.

Any comment on this would be most welcome

Thanks
Jerker

Environment:
$ uname -a
Interix max2008 6.0 10.0.6025.0 genuineintel
Intel64_Family_15_Model_6_Stepping_5

Which means x64 SUA (NT POSIX subsystem) on Windows 2008 RC1 with Interix
x64 SDK 6.0.

GNU m4-1.4.8, shell: Interix 64bit pdksh
GNU make cvs source as of Jan 2008