Re: Switching from CVS to GIT

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Switching from CVS to GIT
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 03:17:08 -0400

> Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 08:42:53 +0200
> From: Johannes Sixt <address@hidden>
> Cc: Daniel Barkalow <address@hidden>, address@hidden,
>       address@hidden, address@hidden,
>       Benoit SIGOURE <address@hidden>,
>       Make Windows <address@hidden>
>
> Thanks to Marius Storm-Olsen we already have a stat replacement that's twice
> as fast as msvcrt's stat. I calls only one API function
> (GetFileAttributesEx, but of course I don't know what's going on under its
> hood), because we need only a small part of struct stat filled in correctly.

Yes, I've seen that.  What I'm saying is that you can combine
`readdir' with `stat' in one API call (FindFirstFile/FindNextFile),
which will both read the directory and return you the attributes you
get from `stat'.  Think about `readdir' that brings you mode bits and
modification time together with the name, as some modern systems do.