Re: Allow SHELL to include variables and functions.

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Allow SHELL to include variables and functions.
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 09:17:11 -0400

Hi Eli; I was reviewing this patch:

        http://www.mail-archive.com/make-w32%40gnu.org/msg01387.html

and I had a few questions: first, I tried this with UNIX make (using the
warning in the SHELL variable) and it already works there; I'm not sure
why the windows port is different in this respect?

Second, I don't quite get how this works; it seems to me that you're
expanding the value when the variable is defined (where things like $@
etc. are not set yet) and then storing the expanded variable...?  I'm
obviously missing something here.

Third, I think you have a memory leak; you're not freeing the
(potential) contents of alloc_value before you reassign it.

Cheers!

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://make.mad-scientist.us