Re: Make CVS HEAD version build out of the box

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Make CVS HEAD version build out of the box
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:43:36 -0400

On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 21:44 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Maybe we should simply have a wrapper for `stat' on Windows, which
> could remove the slashes.  Then these problems would be solved in one
> place once and for all.

I was thinking about this today.  It seems like it would be a useful
thing to store a "canonical" name for a given file, even on POSIX
systems.  One minor nit is that make conflates "targets" with "files";
not all targets are files and it's conceivable that you wouldn't want to
canonicalize targets.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://make.mad-scientist.us