help with makefile syntax

From: Sean
Subject: help with makefile syntax
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 14:53:21 +1000

Hi,

I am looking at using make for what is (possibly) not its intended purpose.

Essentially, what I would like to be able to do is process a series of
file that reside in a source directory structure:

/src/srcsub1
/src/srcsub2
/src/srcsub3

into a mirror directory structure

/app/srcsub1
/app/srcsub2
/app/srcsub3

I would also like to use wildcards, such that I can just indicate a
file type and ask make to recurse through all subdirs, processing that
filetype and outputting in target directory.

Is it possible to do something like this ?

TIA