Complex pattern rules broken in win32-make (MINGW).

From: Peter Dons Tychsen
Subject: Complex pattern rules broken in win32-make (MINGW).
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 20:54:06 +0100

Hello people.

There seams to be a problem with make on windows concerning pattern rules.
For all versions of make (including current), the following is odd:

This rule works fine:

%.o: %.c

This rule breaks down:

obj\%.o: src\%.c

The same rule works on linux and cygwin (but of course here i use "/" instead of "\".
My guess is that it is the backslash in the rule which causes the breakdown.
This should however be handled correctly on windows... no ?

I have noticed other posts on other list which could indicate that i am not the only one seing this.

Anywone else who can confirm this, or shed some light on it?

/pedro

**** GN Netcom Group NOTICE - AUTOMATICALLY INSERTED ****

entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not

necessarily the Company.

If you receive this transmission in error, please email to

address@hidden, including a copy of this message. Please then

delete this email and destroy any copies of it.