Re: Bug in builtin function abspath

From: Andreas Büning
Subject: Re: Bug in builtin function abspath
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 21:40:43 +0200

Eli Zaretskii schrieb:

> > Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 20:05:55 +0200
> > From: Andreas =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=FCning?= <address@hidden>
> > CC: grischka <address@hidden>, address@hidden
> >
> > > Andreas, is there a _getdcwd function on OS/2?
> >
> > There is an _abspath(char *out, const char *in, int size) function doing
> > exactly what make's abspath() is supposed to do.
>
> What does _abspath do with "d:foo"?  That was the case we were
> discussing.

Sorry, I thought it was obvious. It does exactly what you wanted:
d:/current_dir/foo

----------------------------
   Headers:

  #include <stdlib.h>

  Prototype:

  int _abspath (char *dst, const char *src, int size);

  Construct an absolute path name for the file name or directory name pointed
to by src.  The absolute path
  name is written to the array pointed to by dst.  It is assumed that there are
size bytes available at dst, this
  includes the terminating null character.  If there is an error, -1 is
returned.  If _abspath() succeeds, 0 is
  returned.  If size is too small, errno is set to ERANGE and -1 is returned.
dst can be identical to src.
  Backslashes are translated into forward slashes.  The absolute path name is
not translated to lower case.  If
  the string pointed to by src ends with a slash or backslash, the string
pointed to by dst will end with a slash.

  In contrast to _fullpath(), _abspath() works with non-existing paths: it
accesses the appropriate drive
  only for finding out the current working directory if necessary.

Regards,
Andreas