Re: make'ing make-3.18beta4 under mingw/msys - "undefined referenceto `s

From: J. Grant
Subject: Re: make'ing make-3.18beta4 under mingw/msys - "undefined referenceto `sleep'"
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 14:58:38 +0000

On 31/12/05 08:59, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
From: "Markus Mauhart" <address@hidden>
<snip>
Btw, despite the trailing error, address@hidden DID result
in a working make.exe; nevertheless I'd like to know whether others
can reproduce (or better: help me solve) that error.

That error happens when the Makefile produced by the configure script
tries to build loadavg.exe, which is a separate program.  But you
don't need this program, since it is used only for testing the
produced Make binary.  In fact, I don't even understand why
loadavg.exe was built: it seems to be part of check-loadavg target
that should be only invoked if you say "make check", which I think you
didn't.

MSYS/MinGW "./configure; make" built fine for me, it did not build loadavg.exe. Could you post a full log of your build with this error and the version of MSYS, MinGW please.

(I am using MSYS v1.0.10 and MinGW 3.1.0 on Win2K)

Kind regards
JG