Re: MSVC build test results

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: MSVC build test results
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 11:46:42 +0000

Quoting "J. Grant" <address@hidden>:

I guess this problem is because of the mix between MinGW/MSVC build and MSYS unix wrapping shell stuff.

Yes. It is the reason that I had to supply an MSYS version of make and perl. I had hoped in the beginning to use native versions but I didn't have the time to
sort out the issues.

Any suggestions Earnie?

Other than installing ActiveState Perl, removing the influence of MSYS and then
doing the make check using the newly built make to instantiate the process; no
I don't have suggestions for this issue.

MSYS does try to emulate symlink; but only to the point that the source must
exist, a copy is actually affected. Also, a reference to an executable without the .exe extension is treated as a symlink so I can't just do ENOSYS or nothing
would execute unless we specified the .exe on the file name.

I wonder what would break if MSYS getcwd returned the windows path instead?

Earnie