Re: Some fixes regarding building make on Win32.

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Some fixes regarding building make on Win32.
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 22:24:35 -0400

%% "J. Grant" <address@hidden> writes:

  at> At README.W32:26 change namke to nmake

  >> OK, fixed this.

  jg> I wonder if the CVS version is up-to-date with your revisions? (Or
  jg> maybe savannah is running slow..?)  I just pulled the latest code
  jg> but did not get this fix.

It's in my workspace but I haven't committed it yet.

  jg> This is a patch I submitted nearly 1 year ago. I cannot see it
  jg> having been reviewed or included in the CVS version.  Could
  jg> someone review it for inclusion please?

  jg> The revision adds a file which should be present on CVS
  jg> development versions of the code, to save windows developers
  jg> having to manually rename a whole bunch of files.

I can add this if you like.  Are you sure this is all that's needed?
There are lots of template files, etc.

I guess if you're just trying to build a copy from CVS, this is enough.

  jg> I think the 2004-02-29 "w32/subproc/NMakefile" change must have
  jg> been accidentally missed.  It was just to add "MAKE = nmake", the
  jg> same as the applied NMakefile.template patch.

This change was committed on 28 Feb 2005.

  jg> I noticed the compatible compiler and OS versions were out of date
  jg> in README.W32.template.

OK, I've updated this info in my workspace.

  jg> This patch I submitted nearly 1 year ago has not yet been reviewed
  jg> (or included in CVS). Could you (or one of the other developers)
  jg> review it for inclusion in the up-and-coming release please.  I
  jg> created this patch because you said you were agreed to have a
  jg> higher warning level.

I updated the warning level in my workspace as shown in this patch.