RE: Bug report: Compile with Microsoft and Intel compiler

From: Jerker Bäck
Subject: RE: Bug report: Compile with Microsoft and Intel compiler
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:04:35 +0200

Hello Eli

> > 1) There is no unistd.h anywhere
>
> Okay, that explains many problems.
>
> I think the best solution for this is to add unistd.h to the
> w32/include directory.  NMakefile and build_w32.bat already
> set up the compiler to look into that directory for include files.
>
> So could you please show us the MSC prototypes of all the
> functions, which, according to your report and my analysis,
> should come from unistd.h?  I will then suggest a version of
> unistd.h to put into w32/include and ask you to try that.  Okay?

??? You mean to make an empty "dummy" unistd.h for Windows machines in
w32/include or create a custom windows unistd.h? Your great suggestion of
using "HAVE_STDLIB" instead of all these #if defined(...) is enough, I
think, at least for the MS compiler. Anyway, I will wait for your mail and
continue work with your first reply - there's a lot of things.

List of redefines causing errors

Func      Microsoft     Borland
chdir     <direct.h>    <dir.h>
environ   <stdlib.h>    <stdlib.h>