RE: wrong link command called

From: Ian Dunbar
Subject: RE: wrong link command called
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 00:47:25 +0000

Hi Jonathan,

When I run the command "link" from GNU make, it runs
c:/cygwin/bin/link.exe because that is the directory where make.exe
exists.

Why are you putting a Win32 make.exe into the cygwin bin when it's not a cygwin program? Why not just move it to a different path location, or else use the cygwin build of make?

Win32 Make generally behaves as a Win32 program should. Cygwin make behaves as a linux emualtion layer program should. I think it's generally better to not mix the two types of progam at all if it can be avoided. It always causes problems in my experience.

Best regards,
Ian

Rain, shine, sleet or snow? Find out at MSN Weather! http://www.msn.ie/weather