RE: Dependencies on directories on NTFS volumes

From: Casper Hornstrup
Subject: RE: Dependencies on directories on NTFS volumes
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:27:35 +0100

That seems to be correct. I've just had someone check and the same problem
is on linux. FAT don't behave this way though. Since unix don't have the
creation time, it cannot be changed for unix, so disregard this patch.

>   ch> This patch changes so the creation time is always used instead of
>   ch> the last modification time for directories on Windows.
>
> I don't think the current behavior is incorrect, and I don't think it
> needs to be fixed.  After all, you could get identical behavior with
> files, rather than directories, if you set your makefile up that
> way... so don't do that :-).

No, since I can't put files and directories in recently generated files.
I can put them in recently created directories though.

Casper