Re: Building with case-insensitivity

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Building with case-insensitivity
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 12:28:47 -0500

%% "E. Weddington" <address@hidden> writes:

  ew> I recently built 3.80 from the mingw sources, and apparently it
  ew> built with case-sensitivity on. In looking at the archives, it
  ew> seems to be implied that this can be turned off with a configure
  ew> switch, correct?

  ew> I haven't been able to find in the manual any list of configure
  ew> switches. What configure switch would turn case-sensitivity off?

  ew> And will there be a section added to the manual about building make?

No.  The manual is for using make, not building it.

The instructions for building it are in the README* files in the source
distribution.  The README.W32 file has information for building on a
Windows platform, including a discussion of the case-sensitivity issue.