Re: Windows make issues

From: Jim
Subject: Re: Windows make issues
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:34:45 -0700

J. Grant wrote:

on the 20/04/04 22:12, Jim wrote:

I'm using a version of make 3.80 compiled for windows using visual studio.

There are some issues.....

a> some windows compilers like to have \'s in path names. If I'm not running sh.exe - make itself seems to strip the \'s before issuing the command... when it prints the command it's about to do, that looks correct, and I can copy and paste what I see, and it works, however, if I dump the actual command line generated the \'s in the path names are all removed.

Could you "escape" them? i.e. c:\\dev\\dev.cpp (Single \ are not removed when I tried this on my MSVC build with a simple makefile though, with a path in a variable.)

If you try the debug build from MSVC you will have more output on your terminal if that helps.

ahh seems this system has also gotten a d:/cygwin/bin/sh.exe as it's shell... bah- how could it know?! sorry my bad...

Jim

Regards

JG