FWD: [Bug #3194] -W flag non-functional on Win32

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: FWD: [Bug #3194] -W flag non-functional on Win32
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 17:32:09 -0400

Anyone here have any thoughts on this bug?

--- Begin Message --- Subject: [Bug #3194] -W flag non-functional on Win32 Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 17:11:22 -0400
=================== BUG #3194: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=3194&group_id=71

Submitted by: None                    Project: make
Submitted on: Fri 04/11/2003 at 17:11
Severity:  5 - Major                  Bug Group:  None
Resolution:  None                     Assigned to:  None
Platform Version:  None               Fixed Release:  None

Original Submission:  Use of the -W (--what-if) flag on the command line using
win32 make ver 3.78.1 appears to result in a fork call, which is not permitted
on that platform.  Error message:

fork failed: operation not permitted [1]

No Followups Have Been Posted

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link: