RE: [Mingw-users] Make configuration for Win32.

From: John Cronin
Subject: RE: [Mingw-users] Make configuration for Win32.
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:11:30 +0100

To make things clear about bcopy:

make.h checks for whether HAVE_MEMMOVE is defined and whether the
symbol bcopy is NOT defined (ie a simple symbol that the cpp would pick
up, not an autoconf generated one).  If both of these are true, it
defines bcopy to memmove.  The problem with this was, as mentioned in
a response to my query by pds (solely on the make-w32 list for those
not subscribed) that memmove had slipped out of the AC_CHECK_FUNCS
line in configure.in for 3.80rc1.  I am assured it has been put back.

About WINDOWS32:

In my attempts to make make compile OOB for all current platforms and
Mingw32/MSYS, I rely on

if test "$build_os" == "mingw32"; then

(please point out if I should use target_os instead - but this isn't
checked for)

to AC_DEFINE(WINDOWS32, 1, [Define if ...])
and AM_CONDITIONAL(MINGW, true)

else

AM_CONDITIONAL(MINGW, false)

fi

which then has the makefile add in the w32 subdirectory to the build.

This seems a simple fix, and I see no need to complicate matters with
another macro instead of WINDOWS32.

John.