Re: [Mingw-users] Re: Make configuration for Win32.

From: Luke Dunstan
Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] Re: Make configuration for Win32.
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:32:46 +0800

I don't quite understand what is wrong with _WIN32, but I also wouldn't
object to __WINDOWS32__, etc. (but I agree with Danny that WINDOWS32 is no
good for a compiler built-in). Since only Mingw (and Cygwin I guess) will
define __WINDOWS32__ (AFAIK), checking for this macro will really just be
checking for Mingw, but if that's what you want to do then __MINGW32__ would
be a better option. Then again, you probably need special build processes
for MSVC and other Windows compilers anyway, so explicitly defining
__WINDOWS32__ for those wouldn't be a problem.

Luke Dunstan