Re: gmake-w32 crash

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: gmake-w32 crash
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 08:30:00 +0200 (IST)

On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, Murat Din=E7 wrote:

> GNU Make version 3.79.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
> Built for Windows32
>=20
> When gmake is trying to execute the line=20
> BUILD_DIR :=3D$(shell cd)
>=20
> dos prompt console crashes and gives the code page error.

It's a known Windows-specific bug.  Either get a fixed binary (sorry, I=20
don't have a URL), or, if you can build Make from sources, I can tell=20
you where and how to make a change.

> Could you give another solution for this line?

A work-around would be to say "make BUILD_DIR=3Dc:/foo/bar/baz". =20
Admittedly, this might be inconvenient in some situations.